05-15-2023, 04:47 PM   #49
Asymmetrick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4/G82 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
...not that i have ever been in one, but the hard core reviewers (those that track their cars and drive them on the road properly) say that the CSL is too wild, can't get power down, too loose.
With all due respect, there is no basis for the statement above. A vast majority of reviewers get the car from BMW for only 1 day –sometimes only a few hours– and do not really have the time to experience the car properly.

In contrast, people who "track their cars and drive them on the road properly" (i.e., owners of CSLs) are saying –by an overwhelming margin– great things about the car performance, how it handles and how much fun it is to drive.

Finally, context matters. Negative reviews on the CSL come from reviewers testing the car during the winter on cold, wet, rural roads in one specific region of the world. Reviews conducted in more sunny locales on good quality roads are much, much more positive on the CSL. I am looking forward to the M4 CSL vs 911 GT3 vs C8 Z06 comparison that Hagerty will be putting out shortly. This evaluation will be conducted in optimal driving conditions and will be massively more informative than the flashy clickbait video put out by Auto-trader UK.
||| 2016 Mineral Silver X5 40e
Appreciate 4
PLF693767.50
FTS387.50
LENBMW2.00
02M3ForMe4261.50