View Single Post
      05-15-2023, 02:17 PM   #48
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Well I never tracked any of my M cars even though both My previous F80 M3/ F82 M4 were manual with lots of fun everywhere.
For F13 M6 and current F92 M8 it's different story. I enjoy their power/acceleration/luxurious as daily drive specially when folks behind the wheels of 911/AMG ask for some rolling funs
Not sure if M8 is a track car at all despite the M badge on it...
M8 has lots of things to put smile on your face other than track...
Again I didnt say M4 CSL or GT3 are not track cars. I just said at their price point it's too much risk to take them to the track where there is always possibility for an accident and then its hard to replace them.
You'd be surprised to see how an F92 can move I've tracked my F90 when I had it and of course the weight difference is apparent compared to my F87 but just about virtually any car can be tracked, how far you take it? That's where things start to get interesting.

I'd agree with you that the F92 can be enjoyed in other ways outside of the track though part of the appear of M cars is that they can dual purpose both quite well.

I'd feel much safer taking a GT car or the G82 CSL to a track vs driving through these now accident prone streets of NYC where everyone believes the highways are a glorified race track to "swim" through. Track insurance exists as does our road insurance when situations like these arise.

We're enthusiasts, we like playing with our toys no matter how expensive they become, money then becomes a byproduct of our excitement
Appreciate 1
LENBMW2.00