View Single Post
      10-22-2021, 12:00 AM   #60
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
Same thing over here in Germany. My SA takes a couple days to respond to calls or texts. It's frustrating. Coming from the states where the sales for previous purchases would call too often. Now it's hard to get a response to a text.

It took my SA about a month to get me a quote on winter wheels and tires. I was trying to spend an additional $3.5-4K and my SA seems bothered that I ask him to assist me in purchasing a vehicle and accessories that have almost eclipsed $100K cumulative. Eventually he sent me a quote and I went directly to the parts department because he was not helpful or responsive.
It really is a lottery in getting an allocation, production, shipment, delivery and even the SA you deal with. I try to be understanding that it's a very tough time for automotive sales with all the product delays and shortages. While it could be assumed SA are not busy selling non-existent product, they're likely scratching and clawing to get every sale and the dealing with 10 times more follow up requests from clients. So I have pretty solid line of communication with the Sales Manager and he's been very responsive in comparison. But I temper how many requests I escalate.

When dealing with parts, you've done right by going straight to them but you may want to consider alternatives as well. I bought my winter tires from a tire guy I trust and he never lets me down.
Appreciate 0