fl1by
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80, Raptor, STI and C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tszene View Post
Short recap from VIR yesterday.

Weather 88F, sunny and slight breeze.
Event organized by MVP, shoutout to Mark and his team, the corner workers, and safety crew on a hot muggy day,keeping us safe and in check.

Car had 2000miles when I got there and just had break in service performed two weeks ago.

Competition, with steel brakes, stock pads, stock tires.

I'm a fairly experienced driver with 40+ track days including Spa-Francorchamps, the Ring, the Glen, and most tracks on the east coast. I also participate on iRacing weekly. So I'm not the Stig, but I have logged a few laps.

My time at VIR with the F82 non competition with CCB brakes and stock tires was mostly in 2:18's and best was 2:17.40 over two days in very similar weather conditions.

Let me start off by saying that I'm one of the guys that didn't like the design (still not my favorite, but the davit Grey hides the grill well) and wasn't sure if I will get the g82. Until I drove it.
During the test drive there was a noticeable difference with handling. With the 275 front and 285 setup, the turn in is much better, not overwhelming under steer.

This absolutely translates to the track as well. Great turn in, loads of grip corner entry. Neutral balance mid corner, predictable throttle oversteer, insane speed on the straights and even with steel brakes there was no fade. I did wear down the pads to 3mm in the front by last session, and the sensors signaled brake pad service.
Braking points on the front straight was the 5 marker at 151mph, on the back straight midway between 3-4 at 154mph.

Best time was 2:12.40. Rest mostly in the high 12's, low 13's.
That's a 5 sec delta and I don't think my driving improved that much since my last visit, lol.

(Waiting for track photos, will post a couple when i get them)

See you all trackside.

Tszene
That rolling along really good... I averaged 140 - 148 and #4 braking.... average was out of 9 sessions. Looking into a setup of wheels and tires just for the track. BBS said won't have a wheels set / solution until spring 2022.
Appreciate 0