AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 M4 Competition - IOMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
As some or most know Ive had quite a few 911's including two GTS; currently with a 992 and prior was a 991.2. The rest are Turbo, Turbo S's, C4s, and a GT3.

OP your review really mirrors my factual ownership experiences as Ive also had two G80's and now have the X drive. Well articulated and applauded.

So because your post was so robust I dont have to opine basically at all The 911 damper and spring combo is amazing—- it keeps the power on the ground so efficiently while enduring the bumps and undulations. As I often drive the same roads with all my cars, I make mental notes about what I experienced and the P cars have always been the best with compression and rebound. And while the G8X has definitely narrowed the gap its not there yet or in regards to steering (still really great though). Again my ownership thoughts.

When I drive my Porsche I feel like Im on the seat vs on the seat with the M. Different driver's feel for sure and it definitely takes a good test drive to understand this or becoming an owner.

My 2018 GTS... albeit a vert:

And my current 992 GTS:

Oh Porsche just keeps hiking [...]
Thanks for the comment sir. I’ve been watching your posts awhile now and wow, what a wonderful fleet.

That pricing sheet really puts it into perspective. An earlier commenter mentioned that the market realized the 911s were underpriced, which I agree with, but just wow. Makes it challenging being an enthusiast.

Minus the upgraded tech, how do you feel the 992 GTS compares to your previous 991.2 driving-wise. 992 GTS would be my #1 pick, just too pricey at this point in my life (31).