View Single Post
      02-01-2021, 10:34 PM   #41
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
I'm 47 and on my second home. Got married at 27 and wife and I immediately bought a house and started paying off school loans and all debit. We didn't vacation except for staycations for seven years to pay all our debit off.

Fast forward to me at 47.
We now have less than 5 years left on our Mortgage, we both max out 401k and invest in other areas and saved up over the last couple years to be able pay most of a G8x off when the xdrive version comes out.

My wife is an auto convert which helped. I Got her to love top gear and lots of other car programs. She can now spot luxury cars when we are on the motorway. She enjoys driving fast and bmw. I am lucky.
The fact is all that hard work (and no kids) meant that We carry no debit except our mortgage. We worked really hard to get here and looking back on it it was a good idea that paid off for us.

And with all that and being a huge car nut myself and knowing I will have the cash set aside I find myself thinking even now that maybe I will just keep saving and reinvest.

That's the thing with having cash. When I didn't have any I spent too much. Then I got married and smarter and now that I can save up I don't want to spend it. Lol

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 2