View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #28
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Liability before the Asset = Cart before the Horse!

Perhaps the G80/82 will be worth more than its MSRP one day far into the future when everything is all electric, but that's purely speculation. Until then, this G8x should be considered a liability of the highest magnitude.

If you're looking for a strategy, I would say get your house first and then begin acquiring assets that generate wealth for you.

Here's an example from my own personal situation:

Amongst other things, one specific thing I did to justify the lease of my M440i was I consolidated a 5,500 share position in the undervalued company HMLP at an average price of 8.48 that pays a consistent .44 quarterly dividend. Not only has the dividend alone covered the lease payment, but the stock price itself has nearly doubled from my accumulation average, giving me the option to cash out with profit when I'm ready or to lease more expensive BMW's in the future with a DRIP strategy (all without ever losing a penny of my own money). In my opinion, this is how you should approach the acquisition of liabilities such as cars. Put your money to work instead of putting it into someone's pocket.
Appreciate 0