View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 07:58 AM   #30
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
I have owned 2 Carrera T's (991.2 and now a 992.1), they are by far 2 of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. The 3.0L twin turbo is extremely reliable and I never had a single issue. The rest of the car is fantastic as well. These cars do not depreciate either.

I got my 992 last August and specced with manual, and it would be my forever car if I wasn't such a nutjob masochist who desires a GT3 or GT3RS someday.

I drive my 992 almost everyday, if you spec it right it's just as comfortable as any other car minus the egress in and out.

If you are even remotely thinking about 991.2 or 992, just do it - incredible cars and the 911 is an icon without the 2hr drive to the Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren dealer for service (I have a Porsche dealer 5 min away). Ownership is easy and the community is great.
Porsches generally in the past were known for decent depreciation - the turbo/S being one of the worst cars in that regard. When they started artificially reducing production, the values were higher than usual, but the Porsche bubble is starting to pop on the 992 cars, sans the GTs. I also owned a 991.2T, as well as a 991.2S, and my wife used to have a 991.1 C4S Cabrio, and have had severa 718s including 2 GT4 (which again GTs dont lose money) and still have a 991.1S in PTS which was as a 2013 model more expensive than most S specs today and this car I've been offered original MSRP.
The values are starting to come down and you can get discounts on 992s now...
Appreciate 0