10-24-2021, 09:29 PM   #328
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
After HAM's first pitstop the gap was 6.6 sec .
After HAM's second pitstop the gap was 8.8 sec.

During the last lap the gap was 0.8 sec.
HAM had a 8 lap advantage with his second set of tires ..
And MAX's tires looked like 5H1T !

In other words : The W12's pace is beyond believe !
The Mercedes is still the fastest car of the field .

BOT ran in Turkey everyone out of sight . MAX included..and BOT won the race .
And today BOT was nowhere ! I don't get it ...
No, I disagree with the w12 being the fastest car, and here are the reasons:

1) Qualifying showed at full beans the RB16B is still faster than the W12 even with mercedes's squatting rear suspension, and it wasn't a small margin either it was a pretty large gap of 3 tenths.

2) Even during lap 1 of the GP when Hamilton was ahead and tire wear was equal, Verstappen was able to keep within the 1 second delta (before DRS was deployed) despite the dirty air.

3) Even with worn tires Max was still able able to keep the delta above 1 second for multiple laps after Hamilton was close enough to be affected by the dirty air, this shows even with fresher tires and low fuel load the W12 can't keep up with the RB16B. Whereas the RB16B was able to follow in dirty air with full fuel and equal tires.

4) You can also look at when Max pitted for the under cut, his delta was increasing insanely quickly as well, Lewis was never able to cut back any of that time. After Lewis pitted Max was still able to get back some time in the lower speed corners despite the older tires. This just shows how much mechanical grip the RB16B has in low speed corners.

The regs have really hit mercedes hard, and the gap has only closed up slightly since Silverstone. But the advantage is still favoring RB.

I understand why you are saying the W12 is faster, and it is a sneaky attempt to gaslight mercedes and give more credit to Max instead of giving credit to the car. But you can't have it both ways, you guys are either complaining max doesn't have the car or it is all max and not the car. In this case it is evident RB's new upgrades make the RB16B the faster car overall.

So it is not all Max (he has been consistent all year round and he was consistent last year too), it is actually the combination of Max being insanely fast and literally not making a single mistake this season + a stupid fast redbull with all the recent upgrades Honda and RB have thrown at it. You cannot have one without the other, put Max in a Haas and he doesn't even make Q2 or score a single point. Put a really crappy driver in the Merc or RB and a ferrari and mclaren likely can beat him.

Last edited by F87source; 10-24-2021 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 3
3798j11563.00