05-30-2021, 02:33 PM   #18
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
All I know is I manually pulled both servos from the car. left then off. and opened the valves to wide open.

The car sounded great while I was warming it up once the cold start stopped rattling the valves.

Around town it was deep and nice.

Once warm I put it in s+ and layed on it suddenly it had this strange howl to it that I had never heard and was much quieter than I'm used to at full throttle.

I took it out of sport and back to efficient and the car was dead silent as if the valves had shut themselves.

Again I completely removed the servos for my test.
LBbluem2

I do not know, but I suspect that since you left the plastic housing off the forces at play while driving caused the valves to close?

Partly because the valves are on a swivel, and they simply swiveled shut.

Partly because the plastic housing motor that couples with the diaphragm was not replaced; that coupling, in whatever position you have the valve when unplugged will secure the valve into position.

I also suspect your 'rattling' is related to fact you did not put housing back on.

This brings me back to my problem, which is I do not know how to get the housing motor to match the diaphragm, allowing me to put it back on in open position (and unplugged, of course). vetteflier will hopefully clarify.

///AVM
Appreciate 0