Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyM View Post
What the hell BMW.

First, the looks - Hard pass

Then I read the specs to HOPEFULLY recover...

3900lbs? With a dad-bod driver like myself, I'd be nearing almost 4,100lbs. The F8x LOST weight going from the E9x platform (even if by not a lot)

ZF Auto? (Great in M5/M8 but it's a TT V8 with 600tq so expected)

Anyone else completely disappointed by the weight figure?

EDIT: I just realized that they announced the F8x M3 at 3350+ lbs and real world weight was 3560. If that same math applies.. this could be a 4,300lb car....
I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet, While the G8x is heavier for sure your analysis is a bit off and mismatching weight standards, the magnitude of the increase is not as big

From the original 2015 launch presser:
"BMW M4 Coupe US Curb Weight - 3530 lbs (manual) / 3585 lbs (DCT) (incl. full fluids, all standard equipment for US and all options expected to be equipped on more than one-thirds of M4 sold)"
So for a 2015 auto ~3600lbs and that is before the heavier competition model even existed

What we know about the G82 comp weight: US curb weight :3880 (+300lbs) however we also know from insiders that the G8X US curb weight is among the heaviest variants including the executive (power trunk motor... really Bmw?) and parking assistant packs.

Point being unlike the F8x, with the G8X a customer should actually be able to walk back the weight in a meaningful way by skipping the exec pack, and opting for the carbon buckets, carbon trim, and lighter weight track wheels (includes cup 2 tires)

While it won't get all the way to the F8x it will provide more separation than has existed in the lineup between the lighter choices and the heavier choices
Appreciate 4