View Single Post
      11-13-2021, 05:11 PM   #1
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

H&R VTF HAS vs. MSS HAS vs. KW HAS?

One of the things I've been struggling the most about when it comes to modding my upcoming G80 M3 is the suspension and dropping the ride height. I decided on aftermarket wheels pretty quickly, but am struggling between lowering springs as there's a lot of information out there, but some of it conflicts with one another. Searching on these forums brings about a locked thread and another thread between MSS vs. KW, but nothing really definitive. And now, H&R has thrown their hat into the fray with the VTF kit.

I originally wanted to just get AST springs and call it a day because the stance on the AST's look amazing, but the fact that I may want to dial in the ride height perfectly because of aftermarket wheels was brought to my attention (thanks tom@eas). So I may as well pony up the extra $$ to get the perfect ride height on the aftermarket wheels.

So as the title suggests - what are the pros and cons of each HAS? I think it's tough to say that one is "best", but I like to imagine there's a specific best use case scenario for each one. I personally would prefer as comfortable of a ride as possible, with a standard "one finger" ride height. I'm constantly driving around NYC and these roads are not forgiving, so I'm trying to be cautious with what I'm doing with suspension/wheels. I've ordered a set of wheels that are 20's front and back (rather than 21's out back) and so the hunt for ideal springs is now in question.

WheelsBoutique had some issues with their MSS springs, but I haven't heard of any negatives with the KW HAS or the H&R VTF HAS. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0