Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
BMW typically doesn't adjust designation just for a tune but we won't know for sure until technical documentation with component part numbers is released.

Remember we need think more broadly, the base motor on the G80 is likely the s58 variant for the next gen M2. So investment in an alternative variant would have more payback than just the 6MT g8x, it will probably power both manual and auto M2
Pretty sure that the 444 hp competition vs the 420 (?) F80 base is a tune only. No changes to internals.
I believe that is accurate for the previous gen, it was a tune on the same motor variant.

However for the G80:
base variant S58B30O0
Comp variant S58B30T0

Those different designations almost certainly mean more than just a tune. How much is different we won't really know till more technical details come out (or an insider fills us in)

I will add another point to show just how much has to be different for an engine designation to change, the X3m features the T0 in both the base and comp models despite having less torque (different tune) and a different intake setup than the m3s.

This all leads me to believe there are some notable differences between g8x comp and base motors
Appreciate 0