Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictrainer View Post
For the record I was the biggest MT fanboy ever. My E90 and my F80 were both manuals and I loved them. But after I owned an F80 with the DCT I realized the car is better suited for it. For example I was looking to buy an E92 and I would never buy that car with the DCT, everything happens so much slower and the torque is not constantly overwhelming the chassis. That car is better suited to an MT (even with that MT being objectively worst than the F8X).

Do I miss the control that comes with the MT, of course, is it more fun to row your own gears, no doubt. But again I truly believe the DCT is the better transmission for the F8X. Even from a track perspective I don't think I lost any noticeable amount of time if any by switching to DCT, but at the same time I don't think I lost any fun factor either.

As always this comes down to personal taste and what suits your needs better.

I think everyone knows that the DCT is the better transmission, would be strange when not.
The MT has nothing to to with how quick you are, it's about the driving experience. That's all.
And here, as you say, it all comes down to personal taste.
You want a damn quick car where you can also cruise with practically brain off in traffic? --> DCT (well, new ZF)
You have loads of fun at changing gears by yourself en pressing the clutch but also can live with the annoying part in traffic? --> MT

I go for MT, finally again
The MT is fun. I've been a diehard MT guy ever since I began driving. I recently purchased a black 2021 Toyota Corolla SE with a manual transmission for commuting; it replaced my auto 2003 Mercedes C-Class with 377,000 miles on it. That Toyota, while underpowered, is a great commuter and the MT makes it more engaging.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1514.50