01-27-2022, 11:37 AM   #10
Electron mike
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshay View Post
The only thing you’ll be disappointed about is the exhaust. It is neutered and is pretty quiet. My f80 with mpe sounded very good. With my g80, I can barely hear the exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
I went the same route as you (minus the track experience). I was one of the many that didn't like the G80 but it slowly grew on me and then I drove a RWD Competition and was hooked.

I'll be trading in my F80 and I will definitely miss it. It's an event to drive one of these, especially with the DCT. Mine has the MPE as well so I'll know I'll miss the sound as well (even if the S55 sounded pretty terrible lol). But the G80 is honestly a great car and I doubt I'll miss the driving aspect of the F80 after too much time. As for looks though, I think I'll always love the F80 more....it's just such a good looking car, especially with all the M Performance carbon all over it.
My F80 has stock exhaust (non competition and no MPE) and I actually thought the G80 sounded pretty good and not as raspy as my F80. I'll code off the ASD and see how I like it from there, but certainly some of the mid pipe only upgrades could be an option for me as it really sounds good from the videos I have seen.

My SA said the 50th anniversary colors will become available after March so my build will stay Portimao blue as my build week is sitting at last week of March right now. I do like the free 50th emblems I am getting though.

Last edited by Electron mike; 01-27-2022 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
EricVR4603.50