View Single Post
      01-27-2024, 04:19 PM   #7
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

I can share my experience. I filed for a diminshed value claim back in 2012 for my E36 M3. It got side swiped on the driver's side and started doing some research on the process. At the time from what I could gather everyone who had ever dealt with a diminished value claim had lost. You can submit one all day long, but getting your insurance to approve it is the real challenge.

I had a very good case. 1999 E36 M3 coupe, manual, Dinan Stage 5, Techno Violet over Mulberry vader seats purchased with 99k miles. I wrote a lengthy letter explaining why the car had lost its value and cited many data points from production numbers to comps and even listing prices nationwide at the time. I was only 21, but looking back on it I did a damn good job. It led to a conclusion of wanting basically the delta of what the car was worth at the time no accident vs. accident pricing.

They denied my claim. Don't pay a lawyer, spend an afternoon writing up something compelling, and push until you're over it. I would set the expectations low, but every state/adjuster/company/etc. could be a luck of the draw. Doesn't cost anything but your time.
Appreciate 0