View Single Post
      08-30-2021, 04:33 AM   #7
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Ok, OP, try this (but be forewarned, I’m 6’6”, so my options may be more limited than yours). Adjust the seat fore/aft until your legs are still slightly bent when you fully press the pedals. Adjust the front of the seat cushion upward, if desired, to provide more thigh support. Adjust the back cushion, such that you have two fingers’ width between your head and the roof AND you can reach the top of the steering wheel with the palm of your hand and still have your arm slightly bent. Move your seat forward if necessary to help reach the steering wheel, then adjust the tilt of the seat cushion to restore a degree of legroom. You will also want to adjust the steering wheel reach and rake so that you can see the gauges and reach a comfortable balance of reach (with your arms) and room (with your legs and head).

All the above aims to achieve a SAFE driving position (I’m also a former HPDE instructor), but you will likely find it comfortable as well. Then you can adjust lumbar support and backrest width to suit.
Appreciate 14
akkando5864.50
Llarry16040.50
Tag18159.50
SpinalTap109.50
Mamba283.50