Thread: MSS or AST
View Single Post
      11-03-2021, 09:18 AM   #5
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

MSS is 1100 bucks and AST is definitely less. Personally I went with MSS because it was the only option in May of 2021 and I grateful it was. I like them so much that I just moved the same parts over from my RWD to X Drive. This says volumes about the part(s). I do feel the car drives better than my M8 on KW's (again says volumes).

I am not a retailer so my only bias or play is ownership and the MSS is tremendous. The spring rates that lead to the compression and rebound are incredible. I have never tried AST so I can not give an opinion.

I truly have no idea my car is lowered with MSS every single time I drive it. I personally like a slightly lower car than fixed springs offer so MSS works for me and the 600 bucks more or so that I paid. Do I readjust it often, hell no- Ill never adjust it so the HAS part is not reflective in my choices.

In reality the BMW dampers on the G8X are so much better than previous M3/4 iterations so almost any spring will be great unless the spring rates are really low and you get the bounce back!!!

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12975.00
Cuts6.50