12-04-2020, 12:06 AM   #18
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Angie's List, HomeAdvisor, and other trades-referral services that both vet an offer reviews before you even contact a potential contractor.

I saw an episode of "Bar Rescue" where Jon Taffer claimed that he hired all tradespeople for his overnight renovations all over the country from Angie's List.....
Doesn't work all the time. One of the places I looked was Angies List. Guy had good reviews... at the time. Now of course you have bad reviews popping up.

Angies List even added a banner to his profile stating:

"Under certain circumstances, Angie's List requires the owner, relevant manager, and/or specific key employee(s) of a business to submit to a background check by our third-party screening company. The requested individual for this company refused to authorize an Angie's List background check, and the company will be withheld from category and keyword searches until such time as the provider authorizes and passes this background check."

This would have been an obvious red flag but the notice is dated 10/1/2020 which is way after I hired him.

Apparently you can pay $160 to start a corporation here in FL. Get a few fake reviews on Google or what not, start taking peoples money, once they figure it out shut it down go to Bahamas to celebrate your pay day. Once you blow through that start a new company, rinse and repeat. No one can apparently do anything about it.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00