Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
It's about time. I've always wondered why so many people go for Michelin. Every Michelin tire I've owned has been a joke.

Continental has never let me down. And they last a long time. Good to see they are at the top!
Top-of-the-line UHP Michelins are far from a joke. They're universally good, some better than others, but you can't really go wrong.

Having said that, Michelin's reputation and, in recent years, social media marketing have been very strong. They love to sponsor "influencers", just like KW in the suspension world.
I'm sure they are good in that segment, but I've been disappointed with their studless snow tires (Michelin X-Ice) and their all season tires. The studless tires were supposed to be decent and a strong competitor to Blizzak, but they failed miserably. Never again. The all seasons have had bead issues, but thankfully there's a warranty. Still, both times have been a giant PITA on my wife's 335XI.

I guess that's where brand loyalty comes in and choosing what's best for your needs. Maybe Michelin fails in those segments, but excels in the UHP segment. After my experience with the brand though, it's hard for me to spend the money and take the risk, regardless of what the review is. I follow a lot of those influencers and everyone loves their PS4S. I'm sure it's a great tire, but for my needs and experience, Continental has it in the MPS/UHPAS categories.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0