03-08-2024, 12:32 AM   #41
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowredlev View Post
So just a quick update, the dealer jacked me around, I informed the advisor of the rattles and what is making noises, in no way did I once mention the noise when accelerating just when going over bumps

At first the tech made a video saying I "voided" my rattle noise warranty because my suspension is aftermarket, then after claimed my mid pipe is what is making the car rattle, saying all rattle noises are all non warrantable now

I got heated, I texted the advisor saying the suspension is a Port installed m performance option and that its not aftermarket, to which he replied "and the exhaust" I was FUMING I texted them saying how would an exhaust cause rattles when going over bumps, it has nothing to do with my exhaust

in the end I randomly got a text saying my car is ready, low and behold they fixed the passenger side dash rattle, like I told them, the vent was loose, so they rescued it, and they fixed the glove box rattle by shoving foam tape really crappy on top of the latch, it looks so janky, makes me worry about the quality of work the tech can't follow a simple TSB and install tape properly how would he do my break in service properly

Anyway for the other rattles they claimed they could not verify it and let me on my way

Ill be removing their "fix" for the center console rattle by removing the tape and putting some thick felt tape nicely, then try to pinpoint the rear rattles with my brother, lets see what we can find

I just now hope they did not Flag my car due to the mid pipe
There's no flagging the car because of that. Unfortunately your dealer seems to be the more shady of the variants. Perhaps someone else in the LA area can recommend a less shady dealer that's still in your area.
Appreciate 0