Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
I have the theory…When I purchased my prior G82 I drove it home over 160 miles and did not hear any rattles. Even after a few hundred miles I didn’t hear any rattles. Then I disabled ASD and that appears to be when I started hearing all the rattles. (I did not make the possible connection here)

I took the M4C in for the 1200 mile service. One of the items, aside from the rattles, was that my iDrive would freeze once and a while. They updated it to 11.2023. They also found the center console rattled. They fixed that. Driving home the rattles were gone. One of the first things I did was to disable ASD again. Shortly after I noticed the rattles returned. I never made any possible connection between disabling ASD and the rattles and just decided I would have to live with it….

Fast forward 6 months I sold my ‘24 M4C DG. I wanted a manual so I picked up a ‘24 M4 IOMG. We drove it home over 60 miles and both my wife and I were relieved that there were no rattles! One of the first things I did was to disable ASD and guess what? Now my new ‘24 rattles as bad as my prior car. It was then that I started thinking, “could ASD be masking all the rattles in the interior?” I’m planning to use a BimmerCode backup to restore ASD and see if my theory is correct this weekend.

I know, sounds crazy but technically creating white-noise with ASD is kind of what it does with pumping in the fake engine sound. May just be a sheer coincidence.🤷‍♂️
Appreciate 0