07-28-2021, 04:36 PM   #10
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
In solidarity with you re. the tough maintenance routine that TBII demands! The lightest of swirls and everyday watermarks can be really prominent. But very interesting what you say about it concealing the ride height; from the pictures I've seen, the colour also seems to conceal the grill effectively too (not that the new grill bothers me, but a darker colour like TB definitely helps all the elements of the rather overdesigned front end to look more integrated). I'll definitely consider it again (now narrowing it down to Tanzanite vs IOMG) when the time comes to spec'ing the M3.
I think it does conceal the height a bit because the gap between the wheel and fender is not as noticeable. But dont get me wrong, lowering would make a huge positive impact on the stance of the car. I am planning to do it anyway. But I don't see that its mandatory on this colour. Whenever I look at my car in person, I say to myself, nah the height is fine. But then in the pictures, the ones with lighter colours looks horrendous.

In terms of priority regarding mods, 1. exhaust ,modification, 2. height adjustment.
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ661.50