Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Another delivery..stud conversion kit and titan race nuts from motorsports hardware

I am on the fence here curious what others opinion on studs for tracking are, other than less likely to cross thread a hub (which I did and fixed with a spark plug tap) and ease of swapping wheels.
I just saw this. I recommend the 14x1.25 to 14x1.5 conversion kit. The lug nuts are stronger and you have a lot more choices
I think Im going to just stick with the bolts. I am not confident with two attachment points and all the thermal stress from heat cycles. I dont need that distraction on track.. a set of lug bolts is cheap to replace every year due to thermal cycling and stretching
Run locktite red or similar and actually torque them with the double nut method and you will be fine. However I wouldn't run those street style studs not would I run the titan nuts, as others have said on this forum they are sorta crap. I like the non knurled ones they sell.

If that's still not what you want find a press in or pull in wheel stud from ARP or similar. Drill the hubs and do a permanent conversion.
Appreciate 0