10-12-2021, 12:50 PM   #21
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I disagree. My CS is the best of the F80 generation and I'm bored to death driving it...I need a manual, you don't. We have some common ground but we are not the same. I would never buy another automatic car if I could help it.
I'm not sure if you've talked about this in any other threads, but are you able to share a bit about your experience with the F80 DCT vs G80 6MT?

I just placed an order for an individual Enzian blue G80, and right now my order is for an xdrive Comp but I'm completely torn on which direction to go and probably have a month or so to decide if I want to change my order to a 6spd. I've always been a MT guy, but the performance delta between the 2 models is staggering now. On my F87 I went with the 6spd over DCT but that was only a couple tenths difference with no change in power; not a full second difference in the 0-60 and quarter mile.

Is everyone with a 6spd still enjoying their cars? Is anyone regretting not going for the Competition xdrive?

I should note that I also have a Tesla Model S P85D as a daily, and I understand that straight line acceleration isn't everything or else I wouldn't have the need for a fun car in my garage.
Appreciate 0