View Single Post
      10-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #21
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

thanks for the review sir--- pretty much what I feel on my roads with my desires having owned or own both cars in the last 6 months (X and RWD). Im not sure of anyone else here who actually has had both cars though???

I even wrote this short blurb on my thread of the X drive:

Quote:
They pretty much echo what I felt originally--- no true discernable power loss being sucked up by the front drive train. I drive it in S3 or D3 with sport plus engine and AWD Sport MDM just like my M8. The car is just as nimble also and the only "oh so slight" variance is in the steering feel because of the added front drive portion.

The only true meaningful difference is in the grip where the RWD with my Race Chip would squiggle here and there even on warmer tires while the AWD controls the power thru AWD grip. I do feel that in a rolling race, stock to stock, the RWD would pull on the AWD but not by much. Maybe a 1-2 mph max. From a dig the AWD still has some lag at times Ive felt in regards to throttle to engine response and Im comparing this to my M8 and my former AWD M5 where the response was immediate. It could be due to the tq curve which is steep up to 3k rpms and then goes flat. The Race Chip does help here.

If I was to get a third G80- I would not really care if it was X or RWD; I would get it because of a different color I live where it rarely rains and when it does, its not torrential in nature so RWD is fine too.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0