Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
Isn't it funny how Akrapovic exhaust price talk is always inflated? This slip on is featured online for $7538 (US). Even adding the Link Pipe it's $9511. So, as usual Akrapovic exhaust is roughly 10% the price of the car it's designed for. Not crazy for the best IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post

Considering it's NOT $10,000, and actually $7500 you're only $1500 away from happiness!

If the full system is 9511.00, then that's pretty much 10K to me. I'll slap an overpriced X pipe on mine before I pay $9511.00 (10K) for an exhaust.

My experience with a full akrapovic system on my 992 911 sucked. All it did was make my cold start extremely obnoxious. Probably loudest setup I had ever heard cold start. Yet it wasn't much louder over all. It just made my car have super obnoxious cold start. No thank you.

So maybe I am bias. But I will not be giving Akrapovic my business and especially not at 9511.00 (10K).
You and at least one or two others have been calling the slip on featured in this video as "not worth $10,000." News flash- Akrapovic agrees! That's why THIS SYSTEM is $7500. Now you're gaslighting us by acting as if you meant the full system? No.

The great thing here is nobody cares what exhaust any of us put on our cars. If you don't like the product; or don't like the price, then don't buy it! Nobody's life will change one bit. I'm sure you'll find something you like the price and performance of.

In unrelated news- Today Gucci is attempting to sell me a pair of sneakers for $870. Designer brands can be really expensive. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the stuff though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00