Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
A lot of people would say the same about buying a $90k car.

I think the 7-10% of the vehicle price is about where Akrapovic exhaust has been for years and years. This relative price even seems in sync with other top-of-the-line parts for the same vehicles. Just look at what BMW charges for M Performance upgrades; or what HRE charges for their wheels for good benchmark examples.

You do understand we're talking about a titanium exhaust system, right?
lol. You think paying 10k is acceptable because its titanium?

My 162K Porsche 911 S had a 4600 dollar Akrapovic exhaust. I sold it after a week because it was too loud on cold start. The design on the 911 exhaust is far more complicated than the bmw version and its only 4600. The BMW one is a "slip on" and its pushing 10K? Um no. The only reasons its 10K is because people with your kind of thinking fall for it the "first out" price gaff.

10K for an exhaust...
To be fair I think we discussed this already it's more expensive because of the amount of material since the exhaust has to be the length of the car vs very short. But yeah $10,000 is too much I'd be happy at like $6,000. I mean I had a titanium tomei exhaust on my Subaru and it was $800.. this is more than 10x that cost
Appreciate 0