02-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #192
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Low torque numbers are a concern especially since it is available at higher rpm vs f80 m3. If you drive x3m you really feel the lack of torque down low and its with torque converter in auto.
Tuning is a tough excuse. Based on this thread you are just passing the cost of gear box upgrade and clutch upgrade to the customer.
If the tune can even be done on the locked ecus- not only you are going to loose warranty - you are going to burn clutches and trans until you upgrade it 9 if upgrade is even available)
I daily drove my F80 M3 6MT with over 500ft-lbs of torque with stock clutch and stock transmission plus stickier tires and never once experienced clutch slippage or any other issues. I did plenty of launches and won plenty of stoplight grand prix so I wasn't babying the car at all.

S58 makes huge power with a tune and especially with a handful of other upgrades so at some point you'll need a stronger clutch but don't doubt the durability and strength of the stock parts. F80 has proven the 6MT setup can take a lot of abuse.
Appreciate 0