View Single Post
      02-10-2022, 05:39 AM   #20
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBen View Post
Yes, it is equivalent to running a stock 9.5 inch wheel with a 23mm spacer in terms of outter clearance.

In terms of inner clearance its only 2.7mm closer to the strut, so no issues there.

The bigger mystery I am trying to solve is whether people can genuinely run a stock rear rim (20x10.5 ET20) on the front - which some claim to have done without a spacer. This reduces inner clearance by 12.5mm, far more than the setup in this post.

If, the car in the post gets away with its setup AND people have run a stock rear rim on the back, I'm going to start getting excited about a 19x11 square track setup at ET14 , as the aforementioned combination suggests its possible.

*Note, with a track car I'd be winding on plenty of extra camber so can work around outter clearance issues.
I’m not much of a betting man because betting can get out of control however if I was I would bet a considerable amount of money that the green car posted above with 295’s and 10.5” wide wheels in the front is practically undrivable due to extreme rubbing when braking or driving even slightly aggressive. There is no way that works. Isn’t it time we consider as a group to admit the BMW engineers put the wheels on the stock vehicle the way they did for a reason? I understand the stock car wheels are more inside the wheel well because of laws and that affects the aesthetics so we all know it’s mechanically safe as well as aesthetically pleasing to bring the wheels out towards the fender but that’s different than significantly increasing the width of the wheel and tire. I wonder how many people are going to spend a bloody fortune on custom wheels for their G8X only to put them on and be horrified during their first drive? This is going to turn out to be a financial disaster for many people if they’re not careful.
Appreciate 1
mikeahso411.50