View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #60
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yeah, I hear ya. I guess I should've explained my thought more clearly. I do think he indeed was driving too fast, but I can't help but wonder if there were some underlying issues as well considering he has a history. After all, he wasn't given a breathalyzer due to the
"severity of his injury". I'm guessing there hasn't been a blood test since that time either, unless it simply hasn't been released to the general public.

The second part where I suggested the vehicle may not be all that was just a stab at providing a different perspective on whether that particular SUV should be given such props for "saving his life". I'm willing to bet there are other vehicles that could have held up just as well. Frankly, he's just one lucky dude all considering.
I'm only going by what I see myself and my past experience pulling people out of wrecks. You don't have that type of damage and debris field without going at some crazy speeds relative to the design of the road.

As to whether there were other factors such as possible chemical impairment, I seem to recall the Sheriff's office making a public statement that there was no drug impairment related to this crash. The Sheriff even tap danced around the excessive speed but did indicate that's probably one of if not the cause of what happened.
Appreciate 0