View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 12:37 PM   #53
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
No matter what, have they reported how the hell he ended up this way??
As I said, he was hauling ass. I was on a call where it was kind of similar to what happened here. It was on a winding road. A slight difference was the car in question was traveling up a hill. It hit a snow bank created from plowing the road the day before after hitting black ice. The car was launched into the air and hit a tree about 50 ft away in the yard of a residential home. The scratch marks on the tree indicated the car was about 6 ft in the air when it hit. Fortunate for the house (never found out if anyone was home), the tree was there. Unfortunate for the passenger in the car, the tree was there. The passenger side of the car collided into along side the tree. The passenger's head was thrown out the now open window area/shattered. The passenger's head was caught onto the trunk of the tree and ripped backward violently and he was subsequently ejected from the vehicle.

When my unit arrived we were waiting for the driver to be extricated from the car. The other medic unit from my station was working the passenger. From what I was told, they were doing chest compressions and his neck kept inflating/deflating with each compression. Later found out that either or both his carotid artery/jugular vein was ripped open. When we arrived at the local trauma center with the driver, the passenger was already being worked by the ER staff. They were sticking a chest tube into the side of him and I saw pure red coming out.

So yeah, with that utility pole there that he missed, he was very very lucky.
Appreciate 0