Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtronics View Post
Does this basically cover what’s involved with the install of the controller w/ the PnP harness:

-Disconnect the battery negative
-Remove the panel under the glovebox
-Remove the drivers side panel
- Complete wiring in the FEM control unit (no need to do anything under the hood)
-Remove the lower entry trims aka door sills front and rear
-Route the wires through the removed doors sills to the trunk
-Exit the wires through the rubber plug in the trunk floor
-Connect to the EVC’s
-Replace trim/ panels

Does that pretty much cover what we’re looking at with this install?

Also, someone asked good question “
dahler has a kit that plugs into the valve connectors in such a way that the OEM wire plugs into their harness which in turn plus into the valve connector”. Does the AWRON controller use the OEM wires or do we have to zip tie the OEM wires away from the action?

If this install is more or less what I outlined above, PM me pricing for the controller w/ the PnP harness shipped to 02818 and I’ll order it.
There no need to go into the engine compartment with the PnP harness, the EVC signal is instead grabbed from the EVC acutators with the provided connectors instead of at the DME.

Installers will prefer the standard harness as it's quicker once you are experienced with installs, DIY will most likely like the PnP route, since no cutting of wires is needed. Either way - we have you covered.

The PnP harness has both a male/female 3PIN connector (pictured) which plugs inline of the EVC actuator. One end goes into the actuator, the other into the OEM plug. This allows the Awron to work as a gateway module and take full control over the EVC actuators.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 2