View Single Post
      08-30-2023, 05:04 PM   #281
Diesel power
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Q8 E-Tron 24 M3 CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedzn6 View Post
Good point, So I now have a question for my own personal.. I’m 23, fair credit and currently make alittle over 60k after taxes, In school long tenure at my workplace with the city and at home with the parents I don’t pay any bills outside of a phone and WiFi. I want a used F90 or F80 or even possibly a G80 ( a pipe dream “.. What should be my realistic limit on the price looking for on said cars?

I personally hate when older folks tell me oh don’t buy a car blah blah because they just reminisce on the bad decisions they made instead of just giving better advice on what or how to do it. I live in a city(NYC) where the transportation sucks and continues to raise in price.. the amount I spend on travel alone would be a car note so I don’t see much of an issue ��

Opinions?
I'm too young to be a boomer, but I'm going to sound like one right now. To me, there is nothing lamer than balling out while living with (and off) mom and dad. 60K is great at 23 no doubt, but NYC is expensive and at some point you're going to want to move out, buy a ring, get married, etc. Waiting till you're 40 to do that because you YOLO'd in your 20's is a lot less cool than driving a G80 at 23. Take advantage of the opportunity you have to live at home, pay off any student debt, get your credit from fair to excellent, travel and have fun, and then in a couple of years buy the car of your dreams when you can afford it, not just pay for it. Interest rates are brutal right now so unless you can afford it 100% or NEED to make a move you're much better off stacking up savings now and then buying in a year or two if/when things calm down.
Also, do you really want to park your 100K baby on the streets in Queens? Dodge pot holes?

Last edited by Diesel power; 08-30-2023 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 2