First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
You're using the brush on the paint?
If so stop and get a high quality microfiber wash mit.
Also I would not recommend using a squeegee.
Either or both could be your source of scratches.
I have the microfiber wash mitten, so I'll give that a try tonight.

I've always washed my cars as mentioned above and never really noticed any problems. Then again, I've never paid as much close attention to the paint as I do now.

So, no brush is good for the paint, I take it. I figured, since it had those micro bristles (just like the one M3-SAN shows on his picture on page 1), it wouldn't hurt the paint.
Yeah I'd recommend the wash mit or a wash pad but not a brush. You want to do as little scrubbing with as little pressure as possible.

If you wash before the car is crazy dirty you'll find that you don't need as much abrasion or do as much work in the process. Your cleaning mit or pad also won't be as dirty and it's the dirt in this case that can cause paint damage which is why the two bucket method is a good idea.

I'd also recommend cleaning from the top down working around the car in a circle so you end up finishing with the rockers and lower bumpers which are the most dirty. Minimizes the chances of brining the heavy dirt up to the top surfaces.

Anyway, hope this helps reduce marring in the future.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 1
GixY2K517.00