View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 11:23 PM   #47
DanHalen
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5M

I like what you wrote and agree with a lot of your points.

I think the thing with a GT car is you need to have multiple vehicles, decent leisure time and good roads or semi-close tracks to get value out of them, not to mention some real money to afford all the costs. Simply owning some "thing" is a bottomless pit.

I had a 997 GT2 6 Speed, amazing at the time, but it's got a small window of usability. Started going to the track and realized that unless I wanted to really risk crashing it/having it crashed into while working on my level of speed, I needed to consider other cars.

But I think the thing for me that tipped selling it was its cost compared to how much use and FUN I was having owning it. Sure, in the right time/place it's so good! Looks great, drives amazing, driver position is best/tied with McLaren, scary fast and wild.. But outside of that- for me- was less fun. Lotta worrying about where you take it and where you park, who you can take with you as it only has two seats, lack of almost all functionality aside from pure sporting event, harsh and loud ride, super low traction in rain, etc.

Have had a few M3/M4 since, and sure- it's not a GT Pcar- But in some ways thats a good thing. Almost bought a 992 GT3 this year...How soon one forgets the reality of things and sips from the cups of romanticism...Glad I passed.

Like others have said though, it's really an individual case basis.

"More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."- Mother Theresa
Appreciate 3
Needsdecaf6952.50
KevinGS3389.00
iLLGT237.50