View Single Post
      03-25-2022, 12:14 PM   #9
Melo_F90
2023 M5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruppeGee View Post
This myth that cars can't be purchased at MSRP is really what dealers want people to believe. You can get one at msrp if you push for it. I got mines at BMW of Bloomfield at MSRP after some simple negotiating at effectively the msrp.

The few models they had on the floor show a $30k markup. When I refused that markup and went to leave. The salesman immediately dropped to $10k over. That was my 1st sign they would sell way lower than they advertised. When I refused that and left, he called the next morning at $5k over. Finally dropping to $500 over MSRP and giving me a $500 BMW rebate for returning customers netting me MSRP.

Morristown BMW started at 10k over and dropped to $5k over immediately and after a few emails went to MSRP for a car I could take a build slot for. I had similar talks with dealers as well.

Don't limit your search to the local area. I found a car in Sterling VA. It was an individual color that was sitting for 87 days in their inventory they couldn't move. They were $1k under MSRP. I also located cars in the Mid West at MSRP. A lot of cars are sitting idle on lots for over 45 days unsold because of the price markups. Dealers need these cars gone, their paying floor plan costs for these cars thay rack up costs quickly for them. Don't let the hype mislead you, it's doable and happening often at MSRP.

Use BMWs site to locate cars. Pick zip codes outside of major cities in other states. Use AutoTempest to search for new cars nationally as well. Try Century BMW, they're in Cali they had nearly 15 M3s and M4s sitting in stock that they'd sell for msrp with a lil haggling. That's a lot of M cars and no buyers for them. Good luck with the hunt
I work for a dealer and they wont even let me purchase one or order lol
Appreciate 0