No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Not to the OP but in general— Just buy a different car if you don't like how it looks. I don't understand all of this crap.
Who the hell wastes money buying a whole new front end? I don't understand who this demographic market is … ??
What resale implications would this have? I would never buy a car that had the front end dismantled and some non- oem replacement installed. How could you trust the quality of the materials, the install, the sensors and everything that go into it in a front end crash, etc??
I have so many questions for the person that actually thinks this is a good idea.

Personally, if I didn't like the way a car looked- so much, that I would consider investing my money in replacing the whole front end, I would buy a different car!

This is idiotic (in my personal opinion of course). I guess some have more money than sense.
Easy.

Have you ever removed a bumper cover? There really isn't that much to it. The few sensors that are part of the cover are usually just the parking sensors. Which clip in. And don't affect safety in a crash. The "structure" of the bumper is separate. This is the piece you don't want messed with. And frankly a company making a bumper cover worth any consideration isn't gonna mess with that either.

Changing the bumper is like any other cosmetic mod. Have you ever done wheels? Or a splitter or wing, lip spoiler, etc.? People like to personalize their cars. It's as old as the car itself. Not worth this level of distaste and anger.

IMO, I am not a fan of the OP change and the only one I would go for if I had a g80 is the Prior Design M8 style. But i personally wouldn't pay this much for a brand new car to drop that much more on a bumper. I am skipping and praying the g87 looks the way I like. (Which is more traditional bmw)
No anger here. Just stating my opinion.

That's exactly what I'm saying - why pay this money for a brand new car, then change the front bumper?

Seems odd to me. To each their own.
Appreciate 0