Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
tom @ eas

Much like the original poster, I like the idea of lowering for looks, but will never go back to adjust the height later. I also do not want it slammed. As a reference, the AST springs seem to be a near perfect drop for my eyes.

As a daily, I am more worried about everyday compliance than I am track gains (I have to drive clients and family sometimes so it cannot be a f1 car ride). I drive my g20 in sport unless I have others in the car, then it goes to comfort. I have not been able to drive a g80 yet, but I would think there are similar steps of stiffness available, with the comfort mode equivalent likely being closer to sport on the g20.

Vic55 has already provided insights elsewhere, and like him, most everyone with the MSS HAS seems extremely happy with the ride compliance compared to stock (the two stage rear spring seems to make a large difference).

Have you had the opportunity to compare ride compliance of the HAS systems compared to the fixed rate AST springs?

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.
MSS was first to market, but we have plenty more options now.

What you described is exactly what springs will provide - a nice aggressive stance. The AST Springs will provide the same ride as OEM, while simply removing the wheel gap for a more aesthetically pleasing look - at a realistic price. Comparing comfort between the two: The ride will be a slight bit more sporty with the KW HAS than the ASTs. Some prefer option 1, some prefer option 2.

HAS/Sleeve kits are good for those that want a sporty ride and want to retain the option of ride height adjustments, but don't see any track time or wanting make a commitment (or need) of a full coilover system like the KWV4s or Ohlins R&T when they are released.

For street-only driving or if you don't need the option of adjusting ride height (most don't) - then run with the AST springs and spend the $$ saved on additional mods.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
abrush32188.50