View Single Post
      06-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #26
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
So. lets explain here a bit. I have been wanting an M3 for 35 years. got to a point in my life where I can afford one and got my allocation. wanted to make it special so I also am doing individual paint too.

some background:
I never thought I would get to actually buy an M3. lets just say my early adult life was kinda rough. long story short I got a good job, wife of 21 years and nice home that is almost paid off. I have been bugging my wife about this M3 for the past year. she really is a saint. She recently told me she would rather get a Z for her fun car because my M3 is such a big deal that she doesn't want to have something happen to it while she is driving it.

So, in my head I am thinking... PPF that would be like grandma putting plastic on the sofa to keep it looking brand new forever. did I mention this is my first M?

Then I start reading about Ceramic coatings being "just as good". I also saw articles on PPF AND ceramic.

Am I being overly cautious here? It will be my Daily driver but I work from home so there is no commute involved. it will be for fun drives or groceries or general around town stuff.

Im looking for input from other Owners who have come before me. Am I worrying too much because its an individual color? I assume any scratches or chips will cost more because of a custom color? I can afford the PPF (got quotes from 4500 - 6500) or Ceramic (which should be cheaper I would guess). Its more of a question of does it matter to you to pay the $ for PPF or just pay for any dings/scratches as they happen.

I live up north and get snow so I will already be buying snow tires for winter. not sure if that changes your answers or not.

thanks in advance.

Feeling Crazy
Hi there,

First off, congratulations on finally getting your dream car!

We offer both ppf and ceramic coating. Many clients often request both. Coating the vehicle's applied PPF with ceramic coating as a second layer of protection that can also repel water and mud.
Check out our Installer Locator and get a quote on the right product for you and your M3. Happy Driving!

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-installers
Appreciate 0