07-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #1064
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
This is where you people crack me up. Where do you get off thinking most people don’t like it? Do you think just because you don’t like it most people don’t like it? Great let’s apply that to my life. I think the Corvette (not the new one) is ugly so most people must agree with me and think it’s ugly. I also can’t stand any Lexus. So obviously most people can’t stand them either.

Let me ask you this. How can you use this type of rationale in your mind when the sales are so high on this particular model year M3? Because that has to aggravate the living crap out of you since you know how terrible the front of it looks. Honestly you must think all these people buying this car are absolutely nuts because they have a car with such a terrible front.

Ladies and gentlemen I can’t speak for Europe or Asia or any other continent for that matter. However I can speak for America when I say I have never one time had a man or a woman walk up to me with a new vehicle and say “The damn thing sure is ugly but I had to have it“. Not once ever. Americans love cars. They love the way their cars look. That’s why we have such a variety because people have different tastes. Having said that this new G80 is setting sales records in the United States. That’s a fact. Now a few pages back some people tried to use some BS explanations to explain all that but at the end of the day sales are sales and you can make all the excuses up for the reason of those sales you want but it doesn’t change anything. Combine that with the fact people don’t buy things they consider ugly and you have to draw the conclusion that you people are in the minority who don’t like this new design. I would say at this point the extreme minority. You may have a fan base following here on this forum but this forum is such a microcosm of the actual BMW buying community.

Now it’s impossible for everybody to like this new design. I get that. I went over that above. However it doesn’t explain why you guys continuously flock to parts of this forum where people who love this car gather and discuss it. I never once joined a Corvette forum to tell those people how ugly their cars are. It just never dawned on me. Perhaps you should hang out more in forums that are discussing vehicles you do like. That would be my advice.

PS- Number one selling M3 of all time. Sales are expected to double the F80. Just saying.
Enjoy

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1700860

https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/03/06/b...retty-or-ugly/

Please watch and listen what chief designer said about his grill design. it starts at 3:35.

People buy it because of performance.

Please do a bit more research before you comment on my posts.

Last edited by WickedBMW; 07-11-2021 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: forgot a link
Appreciate 1
PVC162.00