Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyRoger View Post
that internal piped in sounds is horrible. Interesting car, the shifts are definitely slush box and you can hear it. Seems the edge is gone, the last m3 dead w the F80.
The F80 had horrible piped in sound as well, it's not unique to the G80. The auto is probably not the same experience as the DCT, but given the G80 performs better in so many ways, I don't see how the M3 is "dead". It's just evolved. Additionally, when I experimented with less aggressive DCT settings on the track and found that level 3 was too aggressive and increased the chances of upsetting the car. I went down to level 2, softer, smoother shifts, and found it to be the perfect compromise between shift speed and smoothness. Hopefully the highest setting on the ZF will be similar to this.

Once we solve that rear brake problem, I'm sure it will be just as fast if not faster than my F80 M3 CS on the track.
G8x should still be next level on the track than a F8x CS, equal drivers considered.
At least on the Nurburgring, Sport Auto got 7:30 vs 7:42. Not even close!

My G82 is running the same lap times as my highly modded M2C (which would be significantly faster than a stock F8x CS)