View Single Post
      01-16-2022, 05:26 PM   #35
Former230
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Curious. I have had E, F & G series cars. 3 coupes 3 convertibles. Now down to two G's Z4 & M4C both convertibles.

Feel is pretty hard to define unless you can drive with the other person & switch seats to both have the same experience.

Can you take a shot & tell me what the difference is that you experience? What would you like to feel in the steering wheel?
You may have intended this question for some of the others that have driven more of the modern competition, including the G80 itself, but I’ll do the best I can to interpret what I am defining it as - which I get, can be subjective from person to person.

In my E90, it’s nicely and seeming naturally weighted and doesn’t feel artificially weighted - I’ve driven some cars where there seems to be a forced electronic resistance to give the feeing of weight. More importantly though, I feel like I can really sense the footprint of what the front wheels/tires are doing. It sounds cliche but I feel like there is a communication there that lets my hands know the movement of the tires - bumps, sliding, resistance in a turn, even the nuances of going slow through a Parking lot where the surface varies and has no uniformity I can detect exactly when I go from asphalt to loose gravel or just cracks. It could just be it’s what I’m used to and again, I can see how this would be very subjective to my own interpretation.

To be clear, I’m by no means saying my car has the best steering, it’s more of just that I like it, I am used to it, and want to know what others who have had similar experiences/ thoughts would use as a good baseline for comparison so that I can include those cars in my shopping. Thanks all!
Appreciate 1