Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
So we all have G8X's and I have a Tesla Plaid... while I would not use a Vic score to rank like you did, I do have some thoughts. As I always have mentioned, Im 12 M's deep into my career and only 1 Tesla. I only got the Plaid because of the sheer novelty of speed. I took into account the issues with builds, excessive tech, etc and tossed it out the window because it was already expected.

In reality the Plaid interior is very good, no issues there. The tech, to me, is relevant to a degree but I dont use much of it. I do love a big screen though. The build has been fine; not Porsche like (had 9 of those) but it has exceeded my expectations.

The velocity is shocking and the car for, 4800 lbs, handles quite well. But lets face it, physics owns the world and you can not get around that weight with 1000 plus hp and tq. The brakes are not up to par but they are also being used on a car that is one of the fastest production cars in the world with a ton of heft. Again physics comes into play but I have an understanding of my personal limits, the car's limits, and the environment I am driving in.

I placed some comments below (in red) with some opinions and some just comments. Again this against my Plaid and ownership of both cars. The facts are i own both but the rest are just opinions for the most part.

My thoughts if I can only have one? Id take the G80X over my Plaid as I enjoy speed and acceleration but love driving more so. Again this is my opine and some pics below:

Thanks Vic, your thoughts and thorough replies are always appreciated. Awesome feedback. I think I'm just being impatient - this would be my 4th M car so I have a decent history there and many German cars have probably spoiled me a bit (Porsche especially).

I think I need to chill on watching car videos and just wait til I get the call from my dealership (hopefully in the next couple weeks, I'm #1 on the list for xdrive). I'm driving a Chevy Volt beater and it's getting real old fast while my wife has her Panamera and gets to have all the fun.

One big downside mentioned as well is the color palette, the Tesla is severely limiting and you just look like any other Tesla regardless of the color you pick. I would probably do a British Racing Green or Goodwood Green on the M3 (so hard to pick but I want green of some kind). And the M3 has much more customizability with the configuration / spec.
Appreciate 0