(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3anLantern View Post
Very interesting - fjord blue on the buckets would be a nice option to have here but Tartufo not being available on the buckets is kinda weird! Lucky you guys across the pond… we can't get a moonroof here either or change the interior trim to anything other than carbon fibre. So a lot more customisation available to the US market.
It's not really that there's more customisation available in the U.S. market, but that the UK market is so limited. Continental European markets offer Tartufo, Fjord, and lots of other options too. I believe this is down to the new WLTP method of calculating emissions, so every possible combination of options have to be covered, which is obviously very tedious, so BMW UK choose to include a lot more things as standard, and limit what options you can select. It actually means UK cars are better value, but the flexibility to have more individual examples has gone.
Doesn't WLTP apply to EU as well so how come they get the increased variety of upholstery choice? I've seen the logic about putting options in packs and can live with that but not offering Blue and Brown leather doesn't make sense to me! Unless we're saying emissions vary between cars with Fjord/Tartufo and the rest (Black/Silverstone/KO/FR/YMB)
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00