View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 05:04 PM   #19
Presice
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

I hear the argument against bringing wagons here: 1. nobody buys them and 2. it's too expensive.

But the counterpoint I have are that AMG and Quattro are bringing in their top gun wagons. BMW is just as resourceful so if the other 2 major German brands can do it, why not ///M?

I do agree that the M3 wagon won't be a best seller, but it will add to
BMW's enthusiast equity and brand panache that can attract buyers to the roundel in similar ways the e63 wagon does for AMG. The universal praise and articles being written about the e63 wagon flies in the face of poor sales, but it's something that AMG and its enthusiasts can hang their hats on at the end of the day. In my opinion, some of that enthusiasm is being eroded by BMW NA. People might say if you're not happy, just go buy something else from another brand. But as enthusiasts we don't want to threaten BMW by saying we're going to leave the brand if you don't give us what we want. We'd rather beg/plead/persuade them to "do the right thing."

Hopefully the m3 wagon makes it to the US. If it doesn't BMW will be fine and still sell many cars, but it will lessen my enthusiasm for the brand and maybe that's just enough to have them change their mind.
Appreciate 4
M-Pilot4859.00
ando2002.00