View Single Post
      11-24-2021, 12:19 PM   #40
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

So today I got into limp mode with error "drivetrain. Have the problem checked out by your service provider. You do not need to call roadside assistance" or something along those lines. It has been cold this morning and I had driven 2 miles or so. When I saw an empty stretch of the road, I floored it the RPM was above 5k. Then suddenly the dreaded orange triangle and this error. No CEL was shown. I stopped in a safe spot, turned the engine off and immediately back on. The triangle was there for a moment but as the engine started, the error went away completely. Did some spirited driving, when no one was behind me and the error did not recur.

My guess is that it is the opf/gpf bearing in mind I have had it deleted and deleter cables installed. But I am not sure, could be anything. I hope I haven't damaged anything. I have been fiddling a lot with the downpipes and stock exhaust trying to install the valvetronic midpipe. Used the car lift the other day. There was a lot of tugging and pulling involved and had to put the stock exhaust back on. I need to check the sensor connections tomorrow to make sure they are connected. But I am sure I reconnected them. The opf deleter does not work without them sniffing the exhaust air.

Anyone with encounter this error before, especially people who have the opf deleted?

Any recommendations for an error reader?
Appreciate 0