View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #220
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
Sorry, I disagree. A GT500 and ZL1 are not an apples/to-apples comparison to the G80 - both the Ford and the Chevy would eat the G80 alive.

The ZL1 is cheaper than the G80, although obviously not to the same extent as the Mustang GT. Frankly speaking, if all we cared about was performance, we'd all be driving Zl1s as they represent the single greatest performance bargain on sale today (especially with the track special 1LE package).

The Mustang GT is even cheaper still (at 37k, as you noted). You can't "spec out at GT to a GT500", as the GT500 isn't a trim level, it's a car onto itself.

At the core of the issue I think we agree though - the G80 is more expensive AND slower than the American counterparts, but comes with a ton of other benefits that can't be measured on a track or drag strip.
That’s one heck of an exaggeration my friend. Just because BMW has held back the G80 to 50% of its capable power. And I was talking about the GT500. My bad on that. The GT500 is 70+K “Eat alive”?? Yeah no. Not the GT. Probably the GT500 yes. That’s certainly not if you unlock the s58. Put all three of those cars on a track stock and what would happen?? And I’m sure you’re not going to argue with me about technology.
Appreciate 0