acre22f90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACremona22 View Post
Still hardly any shots of this car in good sunlight. I'm starting to wonder if this Tanzanite is darker than the previous? It seems a lot different from photos.
I didn't really notice any differences between TB and TBII.

Another thing to mention is the fact that the color does not necessarily look much brighter under sunlight. The reflective parts are of course much brighter, no question, but the rest seems almost darker to me than under cloudy weather, if that makes sense. And to be honest, I perhaps even like the color best in certain cloudy weather conditions, even more than under direct sunlight.

So if someone is hoping for the color to look brighter (like royal blue or something of that nature), he might want to go with a different color. I myself wanted a dark (navy) blue color, not lighter than TB is, so it was just right for me. But if you prefer it brighter, you should take Portimao Blue or an Individual color.
Thanks for the feedback! I took want a darker blue - but with some character. I think with the chance to see it actually reflect at times- I'll be very satisfied with my decision. Plus, I'm looking forward to having tartufo - which I think will only bring out a bit more blue from the paint.

Portimao is way to bright for my liking.