M3ANSPEC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18’ M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANSPEC View Post
Glad to see that the lane keep intervention has gotten a "smoother" transition. My wife got into an accident because she was not expecting lane keep to violently kick on out of nowhere on the interstate, thus throwing her from the far right lane into the guard rail on the far left lane.

This happened a week after picking up her MY23 X3 with only 300 miles.
Not questioning the facts here, just wondering why working in a dealership we've not heard anything about such scenarios either from BMW or from NHTSA? I'm assuming BMW investigated the incident?

I hope your wife is doing okay. Sounds traumatic.
This happened last Wednesday (10/5)

Currently working on getting the car towed to a BMW dealership so they can get the work started since insurance is approved.

I plan on calling BMWNA and addressing my issue with this. I've looked on the newer X3 forums and there are several threads complaining about how aggressive the lane assist is sometimes. Seems like they are happening in the newer years (MY21, MY22 and now my wife's MY23)

I am 110% convinced this incident wouldn't have happened if that system didn't jerk the steering wheel so aggressively.

Thankfully no one else was in the car or any other cars were involved. It definitely was scary as I was on the phone with her while it was happening so I heard everything.
Appreciate 1
Kromans1174.00